Sunday, April 5, 2015

'70's Mom

Is it Mothers Day?  Do I have to wait until then to tell you how much I love my mom?  Was she the hippest new mom or what, back in 1971?  She rocked the '70's look.  I'm sure it was a challenge going from trotting the globe as a Pan Am stewardess to being a suburban housewife in Kaysville, in the blink of an eye.  But, like everything she takes on, she did the best possible job of it.  My brothers and I are very fortunate to have grown up the way we did, with two doting and capable parents who supported every little thing we did.

Things haven't changed much, either.  Who do you think gave us extra outfits for our beach trip this week?  The same person who is chihuahuasitting Don Carlos.  I hope he realizes how lucky he is.  Coco and Bill have probably treated him like a king.  They treat everyone like a King, meaning that no matter who I brought in from the cold, everyone has always been welcome at my parents' home as one of their own.  It's a version of "Mi casa es su casa."  "Your friends are my friends."  The things they've done for friends of mine and my brothers humbles me.  Thanks Mom and Dad for giving it all you've got.  I love you!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Such a great mom....and she passed those awesome traits down to her daughter!