Monday, April 7, 2008

Riding in Cars With Boys



I took a ride with just one tiny little kid in the car, but still, NPR was no match for his banter. Dressed as the elephant man (what kind of preschool does this to kids?), Free's mostly one-sided conversation went like this...
"...and it went all the way to my room and I invisibled all the cookies and they were invisible and it was a giant pile and nobody could see them and then I ate them, what if?
-silence-
"MOM!! What IF??"
"Uhh...that would be really big!"
"Yeah, it would be a gousand million of cookies!"
"A thousand million is a lot of cookies."
"No, Mom, I SAID a GOWSAND MILLION! That's a lot."
Then I said, thinking about dinner and ballet and homework and the tax stuff I was going to pick up, "Um, it is? How do you know?"
"Because elephants do it!" Then he sighed like I was never going to get it. He was right, of course. I don't think I could follow his logic, even if I could focus.
And that's why I sometimes end up at the grocery store when I meant to go the post office.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Exactly! The ears are so cute. I made Collin put his on when he got home. They are too cute to not capture with camera.

Michelle said...

Love the elephant man! I have my copy of peace like a river waiting for me at the library!

Anonymous said...

Maybe there really is a gowsand million and it is yet to be discovered. The elephant kid could be really conversing on a higher level:)

love.boxes said...

I drive to the post office when I'm supposed to be driving to dance and c just covers her face with her hands and says, "Mom.. you did that again!"