Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oreo Diet. (Is It an Oxymoron?)





In the spirit of Tiffany's diet challenge this week, I made a healthy meal. It was easy, too. I put chicken breasts and a bottle of caesar dressing in the crock pot. Later, I cut up the chicken and put it back in the crock pot until dinner. We just put the chicken, a little cheese and some romaine lettuce on wheat flatbread and folded it over. It's so easy, I'll probably make it 5 times a week from now on. (Did you hear that, Scott? I said, "Eat before you come home.")

But here's my favorite diet, which I have saved in my cookbook cupboard for several years. I have followed it many times.

Breakfast: half a grapefruit. 8 oz. skim milk. Piece of dry toast.

Lunch: 8 oz salmon fillet (no butter). 1 cup steamed vegetables. 1/2 baked potato, plain. One Oreo cookie.

Afternoon snack: The rest of the pack of Oreos. Carton of Breyer's vanilla ice cream. Three Almond Joys. (The nuts have protein.)

Dinner: 2 loaves of cheese. Large meat lover's pizza. Two liters of Coke.

Midnight snack: One whole frozen cheesecake, eaten directly out of the freezer.

Good luck!

15 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

LOVING the "Oreo Diet". From the photo, I think you need to stay away from anything with the word "diet" in it... you go girl!!! (I say that purely out of jealousy, trust me!!!)

Anonymous said...

My kind of diet...except the breakfast part. I can't wait that long to eat chocolate. The chicken looked easy and yummy:)

Elisa said...

I started reading your diet and was thinking... oh man! I suck! No wonder she is SO skinny!... but then I felt better when I realized your diet is MY diet. And I feel much better now!

SSWS said...

I love this picture of you!!! Wish I was eating Oreo's right now..

SSWS said...

I love this picture of you!!! Wish I was eating Oreo's right now..

love.boxes said...

I like your diet waaaaaaay better than mine. I love that you've invited Scott to get take out! :) But, I'll come over and eat the chicken pitas with ya! They look great!

** not to mention Circ.. this diet is working for you anyway.. you always look lovely!

Michelle said...

Loving the oreo diet! I totally blew it yesterday,but then decided I was just getting it out of my system. Today I have done pretty well except it is 8:20 and I am starving so I am going to have a snack--okay I decided because I am not going to bed until midnight! I love that chicken in the crockpot. I when I make it I add 1 T cumin, 1 T chili powder and 1/2 t garlic. We like it as nachos and taco salad too. That way I get away with making it more often! That is the recipe I was going to give you when you asked last week but never got around to, great minds!

Michelle said...

And I agree with sarah, really cute picture!

Michelle said...

Okay, one last comment! Have you seen that Marley and me he revamped for kids? Brittany has listened to it about 6 times! Your kids would love it!

Jennie said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! You had me from hello... when you said the Oreo Cookie. Any "diet" that includes Oreos is okay by me. :)

Erin said...

Wow Circe... you are full of so many great ideas! That's why I keep coming back. My diet looks remarkably similar to that one, although every so often I announce, "I am NEVER eating again!"

Anonymous said...

While I spent forty-five minutes trying to rip a chicken into six pieces like Giatta said to do (without explaining how) and then 30 minutes making the "quick and easy" marinade, you were breezing through the kitchen tossing two ingredients into a crockpot. So that's how you had time to eat a whole bag of oreos... and your chicken tasted better than mine. Urg. Coco

Jenny said...

I am starting THIS diet today!

Michelle said...

You crack me up! No, I am not thankful for the moisture I am receiving! From every end of the kid I am receiving! So unfair, Wm never gets to share the joy! He did at least take a huge nap, here's hoping tonight is more of the same. Oh and I am failing miserably at Tif's diet. Oh, well tomorrow is a new day!

Paige said...

this is my diet too. It works great- for gaining weight.