Saturday, November 1, 2008

Birds and Bees



My girls and I had a little girls' night out at Lagoon tonight. It was the last night of the season, and we couldn't just NOT GO! On the way home with my four girls, I thought I'd do a little bonding. I said, "Girls, I hope I've prepared you to go out into the world. If there's ever anything you want to talk to me about, you can. Do you have any questions about the birds and the bees or anything?"

Araceli said, "Yes."

I thought, "OK, I'll be honest and straightforward, whatever she wants to know."

Ari asked, "How do bees make honey?"

Ah, yes, the age-old question. Golda and Ruby cracked up and we spent the rest of the ride talking about actual bees, how they make honey and why they sting. I also found out that Ari knows all about where babies come from. Sometimes they come from China and sometimes they come from someplace that rhymes with China. It just depends. So I think we're good on the birds and the bees. A little hazy on the human end of things, but we have time. Plenty of time.

6 comments:

Christian said...

When I saw "Birds and Bees" I thought I was going to get some version of "the talk." Whew. :)

Erin said...

O.K. I am laughing out loud. "Rhymes with China"--- sooo funny!

Michelle said...

Okay my mom and I are howling at "comes from China or somewhere that rhymes with China!" I would never have thought of that one!

Jennifer said...

I, too, am chuckling. Rhymes with China -- was that Ari's coinage or yours?

Anonymous said...

That is REALLY funny. SO much for a heart-to-heart talk about things that rhyme with China!

Sarah Smiles said...

Hilarious!