Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Dinner at the Keheermans

These cuties and I went to see our friend Eliza Lord as the lead character in Milan at her school. She was great! Tiffany, her mom, adopted Eliza from China through the same agency at the same time as Scott and I did. We didn’t travel together, but we’ve always stayed in touch. Eliza was in my ballet class last year and I loved her!
Saturday, Golda and I hung up a bunch of new ukulele hangers. We spent like 30 minutes deciding which ukes got to be in the rainbow. I love it!

Saturday, Vilina was invited to the Keheermans for dinner, and the rest of us were invited too. I told them we had to leave at 6:15 because we were going to Stella Wadsworth’s Book 10 cello recital. I was worried that they would fix us a big feast and it would take a long time, and we would have to eat and run. And even though I told them I had to leave at 6:15, that is exactly what happened. The Uighur polo, the traditional dish of their people, was insanely delicious. I wish we could have stayed longer! I felt so rude leaving, but it was 6:55 in Draper and the cello recital started at 7 in Bountiful, so we stayed as long as we possibly could.

Miraculously, we were not too late for the recital. Stella played brilliantly. She is an incredible musician. Book 10 is a big accomplishment.



Yes, we did stop at Fiiz on the way because we were picking up Freestone and it was right there. You know how it goes.

And this was just the first of many courses.








The best kids ever.







Baby Dilkeena was born on Ruby’s birthday, JAnuary 26. Ruby was actually babysitting the other two girls at the hospital when the baby was born. I don’t know how to spell Dilkeena, but I do know that Ruby decided how it should be spelled on her birth certificate, because Kerman wasn’t sure how it would translate spelling-wise from Uighur to English. It’s a cute name! Their mo is Dilnur and the other two girls are Dilfuz and Dilrusse. So cute!



Freestone is good with babies. He is always trying to get them to do ballet, though. Ha ha


Dilfuz




Dilrusse


And polo, the national dish of the Uighers, even though they don’t have a nation. Their language and culture are very similar to Turkey, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.


Vilina slept overnight and when I went back Sunday night to get her, she had eaten so much that she couldn’t even sit up straight in the car. Her torso wouldn’t bend! Ha ha. She loved staying and playing and speaking her first language. It’s fun to have these guys in our lives.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Great pics! What fun for Vilina to have an opportunity for a little (errr...big!) taste of home! :)