Sunday, April 8, 2018

Idaho!

And so began the last leg of spring break. For future reference, the gas station with the llamas and donkeys is in Sublett.  The exit for City of Rocks. It's really the only thing between Salt Lake and Boise of note, at least directly on the interstate. But it's pretty fun.










Our destination was Zeljko and Jenn's houseful of boisterous boys. The Mijatovics had made us a really good dinner, and we hung out until it was time to go to the church for the Pinewood Derby. Tyler and Zach were both racing, and none of us wanted to miss it!


It was a beautiful drive to the church, past the rural landscape.



Late night half price shakes in Boise with the Mijatovic "cousins."
The next day, we left when the boys headed off for school, and arrived on the other side of Idaho at Lava Hot Springs for some swimming. Since Scott wasn't there, I had to be a fun parent and get in the water, go off the diving board, and play. Ok, ok, it was fun.




Next stop, the Dopp cabin.  Grandpa and Grandma and Nikki and Clint were there, and we just had fun relaxing.

The cousins had caught some fish that they cooked up for dinner.




City slickers. Ha ha

The boys took control of the walkie talkies, but that did not deter Jersey and Tziporah. They made their own.
I went home late Friday night with Araceli, who had to work at Pioneer Village the next day. Scott stayed up with the rest of the kids. Freestone had stayed home for ballet, and I wanted to take him to class Saturday morning. After doing that, I was the only person home. I meant to go to work at the music store, but it was rainy and the house was so quiet. I know it's hard to believe, but a parent NEVER gets the house all to themselves when there are so many people coming and going. Scott and I could get a dozen people put to bed, and one more would pop up. Miraculously, nobody rang the doorbell or needed me for hours upon end. I cleaned the kitchen, made banana bread, I even watched TV. It was exactly what I needed, and I relished every minute. The kids were mildly horrified. Mom is relaxing? So weird. So spring break is over. It was actually relaxing, which is not always the case when you don't plan something. I think we're ready to tackle the rest of the school year.

No comments: