Sunday, April 8, 2018

Park City Party

The woman who lives downstairs from us at the Ranch is mean and grumpy. She got mad at the kids a couple of weeks ago for walking down the stairs in the hallway too noisily. We literally tiptoe when we're there, and it's annoying. So I was dreading taking Xanthe and her friends up because a group of tween girls ins't the quietest thing in the world. And in my experience with Araceli and her friends, sometimes they will not shut up no matter what you say. On the other hand, these girls were perfect. They were quiet because I asked them to be, and they had a great time.

First stop, Quenchit for drinks to enjoy in the car and cookies to save for later, in lieu of a birthday cake.

Next stop. Panda for dinner in Park City. A family feast was plenty for the six of us.
And then we drove to Kamas for the aquatic center. This was a brilliant idea. We were there for about two hours. I sat on the sidelines reading until Vilina started bugging me to video her going down the slide. I think she's used to more parent involvement than I am. After that, I hid where they would never find me and waited for them to emerge at closing time, which they did, perfect girls that they are. They were so easy! Back at the condo, we ate the birthday cookies and the girls watched a movie until they fell asleep. Last year, Scott and I were in Spain with Ruby on Xanthe's birthday. She insisted she didn't want to have a party when we returned, but she was mad about it all year. We definitely made up for it this year! Happy birthday, dear Xanthe!

No comments: