Friday, August 4, 2017

Nana's Journey

 These are all pictures from the end of June, the first time we thought Nana was going to pass away any minute. Josh was leaving for scout camp and he thought it was his last good bye, but Nana was still here when he got back, for another couple of weeks. The past two and a half years have been sweet, having Nana so close. All my kids loved going to visit her. She is always loving and happy, and you just want to be in her presence. The Villas is a really nice place. Many times, as I sunk into a computer chair in Nana's room, I thought how much I wished I lived in the beautiful villas, where someone cooked for me and I didn't have to go anywhere. Of course, we all know that being a hundred years old is no picnic. In fact, it's brutal. As agonizing as it was, this summer was also sacred, as we helped Nana day by day towards her next journey.






























1 comment:

K said...

What absolutely lovely pictures. I can completely understand the sacredness of your time with your nana.

My tutu lived with me for the last two months of her life and it was truly an amazing time, something I feel so privileged to have had. As she became dependent for the first time of her life since infancy, I was able to help her in ways she never allowed or needed before and it was the closest I ever got to her and could show her how much I loved her. I look back at the pictures and can actually see the love. I remember it was like my home was a bubble with the real world on the outside and something amazing on the inside.