Thursday, November 9, 2017

Araceli's Sweet Sixteen

Little Araceli Circe. She was so full of love as a baby and a little girl, and she still is. Look at that face!  She turned 16, and now she's even more beautiful and more spunky than the little 4-year-old who gave herself a haircut. She didin't want to go on a trip for her birthday. She didn't want to have a big party. She certainly didn't want to go out to a stuffy dinner with Mom and Dad. She wanted to get her hair done. Her appointment was at 6:30 in the morning, which turned out to be good, because it left time open for lots of other fun things.  The gorgeous hair, by Hair in the 801, Andrea Gibson, whom I've known since she was born. She was a fun person for Araceli to spend that much time with on her birthday. I love Andrea! This gorgeous hair cost more than a trip. ;) Hard for me to swallow, but that's what Araceli wanted for her big day, and she was happy! And it looks so pretty.







Celi did her traditional lunch at Orlando's (formerly Pepperbelly's) with Scott. He sent me pictures of all their lunches through the years. Celi really holds that tradition dear. PT and TZ wanted to go, and Araceli graciously invited them.
2016

2015
2014
2012
2011
After Scott's allotted time slot of lunch, Araceli worked at my store a little, then went home to get ready for dinner with Kayden. Our family tends to have scheduling worked out to the minute, and we run very on time. Kayden was 45 minutes late, and Araceli was mad. He did bring her thoughtful gifts of a watch and some lavender syrup to make Italian soda, so he redeemed himself somewhat. He was terribly excited about the gifts, so Araceli tried not to be upset. I picked her up at Kayden's house at 8:56 for my time slot. (I really did tell her 8:56. I love how my GPS tells me exactly when I'll be everywhere.) We went to a chick flick at the Kaysville Theater, Home Again, which was cute and funny. I love Araceli. There isn't a single person on earth who is anything like her. It will take me a lifetime to figure her out, and it may take her a lifetime to figure herself out. In some ways, she is supremely confident, though. It actually scares me. With Araceli, you live in the moment. You don't worry about the future. You're just grateful for the moment you have with this remarkable girl, and you sit back and feel the love. Because let's be real. Nobody can handle more Celi than what the present gives you. We'll let the future unfold in the future.





1 comment:

Catherine said...

Happy 16th Birthday Araceli!!! Looks like you did it up right! :)