Monday, November 6, 2017

Jamestown to Lisbon Milan to Lille

Ha ha, Ruby. Ruby's time in Ghana came to an end. She was there just shy of three months, and in some ways, it seemed like forever, until it was almost over.
Cute studnets loved skyping me
Ilaria, a volunteer from Ital, was a medical student, so Ruby got to tag along with her to the hospital a few times. She held babies in the NICU! After that, she registered fro a CNA course at the DATC for January.

Ruby's internet in Ghana was slow, so she gave me assignments like booking her a ticket to whatever opera was playing at La Scala the night she was  in Milan, arranging a couple of hostels and securing a ticket for the Chunnel. I asked her if she wanted the 14-bed mixed gender dorm at the hostel, or the more private 6-bed dorm, and she said, "Have you seen where I've been living?! Get the cheapest one!" ha ha


For my birthday, Ruby braided her hair, because she knew I wanted her to. It was nice of her, and I loved it! I'm still mad that she took it out after a few weeks. Wimp. So mad I didn't get to see it.

Here's me, same age. Tee hee





Hostel for the 24 hour layover in Milan. Ostellobello. Nice!! Recommended by Tyler and Audrey, our Italy experts.

I love this! Ruby outside the Duomo, eating gelato for the first time in a very long time!

And finally she arrived in Lille and was picked up by Olympe and her sister Margeaux.
La Scala. She saw The Marksman by Carl Maria Von Weber. Meh. But La Scala!!!

Ruby stayed at Chloe's apartment in Lille, which was luxurious and cozy, and they had so much fun.








Bad girl ha ha


Shesh!

No comments: