Sunday, May 27, 2018

Boys' Trip to Vegas and Lagoon Day!

I wasn't there for most of these pictures, so you'll have to enjoy them without the benefit of my narration. Memorial Day weekend, Scott and his brothers took a road trip to Vegas to see one of Ryan's favorite bands, Blink 182. At the last minute, Scott talked them into staying and seeing Paul Simon on Sunday evening and then driving through the night to get home for Lagoon Day. They did it! Way to Seize the Day, boys!
Scott was watching a documentary or something on the Lincoln Center and how it was designed, and sending me pictures. He is the coolest.


I had to remind Scott hos cute I was while he was gone. Ha ha. I think that was right before I lost my glasses. Hmm.
He was reading this at the pool, determined to relax and not end up wandering the Strip.





They ate good food, stayed in a nice place and saw two good concerts.







I was a little worried about the guys driving through the night, but I was also tired. So I turned off my phone and went to sleep. They did, indeed, make it home at about 6 am. Scott took a nap, and then it was time to go to Lagoon! We told the kids that if they earned $50, they could get a season pass. Ptolemy, always excited and enthused about everything, literally ran outside that day and sold lemonade. He made over thirty dollars!! People were just pulling over and handing him money! He ended up earning even more with subsequent ventures, but Tziporah only made ten dollars. I mean, she's six. Xanthe had birthday money. Vilina didn't want to earn money. I decided that, since Freestone had ballet anyway, I would sit out Lagoon Day and we could use that extra fifty bucks to buy Tziporah's season pass. I felt kinda left out, but it was also secretly nice to have the day to work at my store and get caught up. And I spent Lagoon Day Eve with the family, so I was all caught up. Scott had a blast with the kids. Considering that the guys drove through the night, they were all good sports and had a fun day.






Araceli works at PV Photos, Truman Carver's old time photo shop in Pioneer Village. A random assortment of Dopp and Taylor cousins got this funny photo.
Clint's sister Angie




Meanwhile, Freestone


The girls and their photo poses are hilarious.
It rained. I dropped off jackets to the fam. Araceli and her friends met me at the front gate to get them, bless their hearts. Araceli's friends are always part of things. She is so social, always surrounded by people.

Another successful Lagoon Day, and a Vegas trip for extra credit!

No comments: