Saturday, May 19, 2018

Pinewood Derby, Fathers and Kids Campout

I was thinking about divorced parents and how they take turns having the kids. Scott and I could never pull that off. If it was my turn, how would I manage 7ish kids all by myself? While Scott had these three at Pioneer Theater for Mamma Mia, I was probably...in fact, I know I was...dropping off and picking up 3 other kids at ballet and play practice, accompanied by my sidekick, Tizzy. If anything, Scott and I need more parents in our marriage. Ha ha.


The next day was the Fathers and Kids camp out in Huntsville. At home, it was 6th grade Lagoon Day for Xanthe, who went back again that night, it was our dear neighbor Ruth Ford's viewing and funeral, and of course, many ballet classes, voice lessons and play practices. Scott ended up with these three hooligans and stopped for a big, juicy burger on the way up.  I was all too happy to stay home and drive people to things while Scott froze in a tent with three rowdy kids, one of whom is a huge whiner and had never been camping. :D
They had to pull over because the light in the clouds was too incredible to ignore.

On the way home, Scott took Ptolemy to a store to buy a gift for his friend whose birthday party he went to upon getting home from camping. It was also the royal wedding, so Golda had a tea party at Coco's with her friends. She's living in Coco and Bill's guest room this summer, and she loves it. Their home is such a welcoming place, and she loves seeing her grandparents every day.




Sunday, Scott drove kids to Grandma and Grandpa's to get working on the Pinewood Derby car. Exciting stuff! Grandma made frosting and let the girls decorate cookies. It's so fun to go to Grandma's!

Bruce is a woodworking wizard.

And the finished product!

No comments: