Friday, September 25, 2009

And the Winner Is...



Thanks for all the great book recommendations. I think I'll have to go through all the ones I haven't read and read them. I was going to start with The Hunger Games, which Golda just read (Thanks, Motherboard), but Coco gave me The Help, which got 5 stars on Amazon from over 900 readers. I can't go wrong, can I? When I get back, I'll have several of your favorites waiting for me at the library. And I'll pass along The Help to anyone who wants to read it.

6 comments:

SSWS said...

Hope you are not too overwhelmed today! Thank you, thank you....Help sounds good....I may need to borrow it when you are back. I will miss you!!

Lisa and Tate said...

have a great trip... let us know if HELP is worth the read!

Paige said...

I just started The Help yesterday! Also I LOVED The Hour I first believed by Wally Lamb. Such a great story although the Columbine thing might scare you off at first, it is really such a good book.

Queen Elizabeth said...

I also just started the Help and like it so far...

Jennifer said...

I still think you shouldn't have snubbed Russian lit. Doctor Zhivago? Crime and Punishment? Anna Karenina? I'm sure the extra weeks required to plow through the likes of those could be parlayed into vacation extension. Then you'd need an even longer vacation to reclaim a cheerful mood.

Have a great one!

Elisa said...

I've never heard of that book. You'll have to do a review!

Lemmeno how Golda like Hunger Games, Thing 1 devoured it!