Saturday, December 24, 2016

King/Bazail/Chambarlides Festivities

A lovely brunch with the Kings, Barber/Bazails and the new addition, Heidi and Pierre's family. They're here for the holidays with Sarah and Roland, so it was fun to put them into the cousin gift exchange and spend some time together. The kids, even though they didn't know each other before, melded together effortlessly. There was a fresh new batch of my now-ubiquitous gingerbread houses. I even decorated one after the party ended. It was fun and therapeutic! You always think you're going to slow down once everything is done, but it never is. I don't mind. I think it's my own fault. I'm terrible at slowing down. I rushed in the door with an hour to spare between Nutcrackers, barking out orders. We knocked out 16 gingerbread houses and two breakfast casseroles in 20 minutes. That made me feel much more prepared for the party, before scooping up some kids and driving to Park City for the night while Scott took Ruby to dinner during the next Nutcracker. The next morning, we were home, rested, with plenty of time to spare - a minute, at least, before the party.

It was fun to just relax and eat all the good food. Heidi brought quite a spread of cheeses and meats. Tricia went over the top with drinks. We had enough Coke Nog for an army, which is exactly how much you should have.  The kids all loved their gifts, everyone was happy and content, and the party ended with a handshake deal between Heidi and Ruby about a nanny job. Looks like Ruby will be moving to Miami in June! I am grateful. We could not ask for a kinder, more generous family for her to nanny for. An answer to prayers. My heart is full of gratitude this season.






















No comments: