Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sending Ruby Off

I got to take these beauties to the airport for their Christmas trip to Chicago.  On the way, Ruby almost choked up as she said, "I love traveling.  I can't wait to get on the plane and sit in that dirty seat!"  We all laughed.  Truly, Ruby loves everything about traveling.  Looking back, I marvel at her determination that got her to Europe with Golda when she was only 14.   She hasn't stopped.
Ruby, Kacie and Ally.  They froze, of course, but had a marvelous time.  On the go every second, they saw and did everything from the art institute to Gino's East.

Tziporah is not quite so adventurous.  On the way home from the airport, we lunched at Curry Fried Chicken, a Pakistani place on State Street.  Tizzy wasn't a fan.  I told her, "Daniel Tiger says to try new things."  She was adamant.  She declared, "Daniel Tiger is not real, and I don't want a samosa.  I just want a quesadilla with NO hummus On it or IN it or BY it!"

She was quite clear!  Ha ha.  Maybe a trip with Ruby would cure her of her tunnel vision. ;)

No comments: