Sunday, July 1, 2018

Frank's Missionaries Return!


I was getting some stuff out of the car when a kid walked up and said, "Do you need some help with that, Sister Dopp?" I couldn't place him, and I was trying to figure out whose kid he was. Finally, he introduced himself as one of the missionaries who taught Frank the discussions. His former comp was there too, as well as his fiancé. Crazy! I felt like I could finally talk to them as real people without the formalities of the mission.

Scott and I whipped up a meal for them and we chatted on the back porch. Both boys will be at BYU-I this fall with frank! They took Frank's housing form with them back to Rexburg, tying up that loose end I've been trying to take care of for awhile.

It felt like a full-circle moment to have these young men come back and tell us that they were grateful to have been in our home as elders, thankful for the treats we always provided, and willing to carry their friendship with Frank forward into real life. What a payday.




No comments: