Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Ptolemy's Ninth

Happy birthday, dear little boy! Ptolemy has brought so much happiness and joy to our lives. It's miraculous that he's here, and we haven't stopped marveling for a second, even nine years later. Before Ptolemy and Tziporah we're born, I felt their presence intensely, all the time. And even though I felt like they were almost tangible, I missed them! I wanted them here in the flesh.

Scott was the real hero in the story, since he had to undergo a vasectomy reversal to get these people here. I mean, who does that? Wouldn't most people just say that ship has sailed, it's too late? Not Scott. I told him I felt like there were two more kids "out there," he was onboard. Granted, we we're both onboard the aforementioned  ship that had already sailed, so the wait for Ptolemy was long and eventful with lots of dips and swells. When he finally showed up, ALONE, without a twin, I looked at the ultrasound and thought, "Shoot. Now we're going to have to go through all of this again in two years." I don't know why that was the thought that leapt into my head when I saw fetal Ptolemy swimming around by himself, hogging up the whole womb. I guess Tziporah was probably hovering around, mad about being left behind.

Thus, we had a good couple of years of doting completely on Tolly Boy, marveling at his extreme cuteness, before Tizzy saw a lucky break and took it, arriving in the nick of time when I was already 40 years old.

But I digress! It's Ptolemy's birthday! He has been excited about this day for months. I am in Cincinnati, so I had to miss out on all the fun, but I'm sure nobody missed me, with all the fun Scott engineered! He is a master party planner. He sent videos of him playing, yes playing, with the kids at the party. He had hundreds of water balloons blown up, he shopped for cake, he sang, he had cousins sleep over. Oh and he took Ptolemy out for lunch at the "restaurant" of his choice, Harmon's grocery store.

Scott and I spent a bunch of time sending pictures of Ptolemy to each other. He has always been so darn cute!

Anticipation!

Preparation!


Recovery! Ha ha


These girls helped a ton.





No comments: