Saturday, September 25, 2010

Famous Last Words

"There's no way I can paint a wall.  I have too many chores to do.  I will not go to Home Depot.  I will not go to Home Depot."


Once you take that paint swatch fan with you to your car, it's all over.  One red light too many, and I've picked a color.  On the plus side, the promise of slathering all that happy green on a white wall motivated me to get my chores done.  And now Freestone's room looks more like a fun seaside resort and less like a basement room in an insane asylum.  Yay!

When Freestone got up this morning, I asked him how he liked sleeping in his "new" room.  He said it was "howwible."  "There's no kid stuff and my favorite picture is gone!"  His favorite picture just happens to be a bunch of dogs peering into a wide-angle lens, making their noses look gigantic.  (Scott loves it.)  With the dog art back on the wall, the room now has a Dog Beach theme.  Watch your step...just in case Prestie decides to authenticate the dog beach theme in her own little way.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

So cute! I'm always amazed at how quickly you are able to put things together. I sit and analyze what would look best and where. It looks great! Have a FUN weekend. I hope it is just what the doctor ordered.

Queen Elizabeth said...

Did you do this between dropping off kids at dance lessons and crafting a new violin? Or was it between TEACHING dance and having your kids practice?

Amazing.

Nate said...

Looks great. But when DID you find time to do it?

Michelle said...

Hey, I know that monster! It looks fabulous!

love.boxes said...

Oh man! I love that color Freestone!!!