Monday, August 26, 2013

All Good Things...


Preposterous Plan 2013 ends now.  Stupid School Schedule 2013 has begun.
Golda took a picture of her schedule with her phone moments before leaving the house to conquer her junior year at Davis High, just so she'd have a vague sense of where to go, when.  That's confidence!
And there they go.  My babysitters, my housekeepers, my travel companions, my friends.



Us and the cousins and the Goodsells.  A pretty cute line-up!
We found Xanthe's 3rd grade class first.  She will be a great third grader, with her new glasses and determination.
Tizzy thinks she would be an excellent third grader, too.
"I'm a pizza the 5th grade."
New teacher, new friends, 6th grade.

At least I still have these two, and Ruby, whose high school doesn't start until next week.







And then I vacuumed and shampooed the car, removing all traces of our beautiful road trip.  And then I dyed my hair brown.  Ptolemy cried and cried because he wanted my hair to be blue.  But I'm feeling blue enough already without blue hair.  Sorry, little guy.  Maybe next summer...






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing all the cute faces and the first day of school clothes! Takes me back! All look so cute and handsome, I am sure they will all have a great school year, I wish them well and happy memories. Good luck to Mom and Dad in taking them places, being to all their programs, dances, etc. They will start off with such great memories of a fun-filled and exciting summer! Good luck to all of you, loved Z's outfit! and her wanting to sit in third grade! xo Tricia

Taylor Family said...

Go buy some hot pink shoes. I promise they will make you feel better.

Jennifer said...

Whoa. What is Ruby doing? Good luck to her! At least Golda was a step ahead of Kyle; I had to text him his A-day schedule after he left for school. Should I just plan on doing the same thing tomorrow morning with B-day?

"I'm a pizza the 5th grade." Ah, I get it now. So didn't get it this morning at school.

Great pics :)

I know a lonely lady on Kingswood that Pt and Tz could visit if you ever tire of them. But not after school -- she only wishes she were lonely then.

The homestead said...

I have the same feelings. So sad to have this summer over. Now it's back to work.

Jennie said...

What?! You dyed it brown? So that was you I passed on Crestwood about 3:30. I thought it was you but then said, "No... that lady had brown hair." I think Ari was in the front seat. :) So fun to see you guys this morning. It is starting to become a tradition. Only 4 more years and the Ryan Dopps will be history at Morgan Elem. :( It is all going by too fast. I think Tiz stole the show this morning with that cute blue dress and hair bow. Darling. I love the pics of Tolly and Tiz kissing. Priceless! Love you guys. I hope you all have an amazing year. So far ours is split. Col and Iz had a great day. Jackson came out to the car in tears and Lex had zero friends in her classes. I'm not sure how many more times the LHS / DHS thing is going to bum her out. Hopefully B day will be better and performing on Friday at the football game will be a boost and turn the tides her way. :)

Shane and Kenzie said...

goodbye to the pink hair? Definitely a reason for you to mourn! However, you are beautiful with brown hair too!
I was one of those nerds that looked forward to school starting up again from the day we got out for summer break...I love the freshness of everything being new. A clean slate, grades to earn, pencil erasers to smell...it's all so yummy to me!

Ernstfamilyfun said...

"Stupid School Schedule" love it! LOL. I love the color of your front door!