Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Words, Real and Imaginary

Things I never said before Tziporah came along:

OK, we don't lick our shoes!

No, don't put that in your mouth!  It's a potty!

Get out of the garbage!

You're trying to color on the wall with a screwdriver?!

How did you get six people wet with one sacrament cup?

Oh my gosh, how did you get out of your carseat?!

Tizzy, get down!  How did you even get up there?!

Look, it's a toy!  Play with it!  A toy!  Wait, come back!




 Tziporah says some funny things, too.  She has a word that she uses as a marker if she doesn't know another word:  "Hino."  Or maybe it's spelled "heeno."  We'll have to ask Tziporah when she gets older.  She says, "Daddy, hino hino ever, ever."  Hmmm...don't know what that means, but she uses hino in every context.  She also has a specific way of saying, "I'm hungry!"  She gets the inflection just like Ptolemy's and exclaims dramatically, "Ein hun-ga-wee!!"

She also says, "I atch tigoh's hay-hood" when she wants to watch TV, specifically Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.  And now that we've laughed when she says that Don Carlos is "DOH cuuuuute," she says it to other people.  At church, my friend was holding her baby and I was holding my baby.  My baby looked at her baby and said, "Awwww!  You baby DOH cuuute!"

When life gets rough, Tziporah's favorite things to say are, "Tolly being mean!" and "I go Toco's house!"

I can't believe how adorable she is, or how big her spirit is.  I always think about how miraculous it was that she was conceived, and how touch-and-go it felt to get her here.  Then I think about how, with each of our seven kids, it was the same thing.  A spiritual longing for a missing person followed by the miracle of that person coming to our family in all of their individual splendor, as a fully-formed human in a tiny, vulnerable body, entrusted to us.  It's overwhelming that it all worked out.  All I can say is, "Hino hino, ever ever!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute blog, and adorable pictures of little Tzipporah! What a little character she is, and sooooo cute when she is telling you what she wants. Determination and such a cute little face will get this little gal through her life, two good qualities among many others. xo Tricia

Jennie said...

I love that last picture with her kinda looking up. So much expression and personality in just one pic.

Shane and Kenzie said...

I love her feisty-ness way too much. Let's just be sure that Cole and Tzipporah don't get married…those two would be one giant tasmanian devil!

laurel said...

I love her face in the second photo. She really looks like you! She is a cutie! I am sure she will be amazing like your other kids.