Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Easter Egg Hunt Returns With A Vengeance


 The past two years, we haven't done the Easter egg hunt because Easter coincided with spring break, and we were at the beach.  I tried, but I couldn't get anyone to take over the job of pulling together the hunt those two years.  So I was happy this year that we were able to do it again.  Egg donations rolled in by the dozens, and we ended up with maybe the biggest haul ever.  I only stuffed 5 or 6 dozen eggs.  For the rest of our 100 dozen donation, I just bought waterproof candy that we could toss out without eggs.  It saved a ton of time and made me happy.  A lot of it was plastic carrots with candy powder inside.  They were cute.  We also flung about 6,000 generic pixie sticks into the air.  If a kid didn't get candy, well, it had to have been his own fault!  There were so many eggs, I was panting and sweating, trying to get them all tossed out over the fields before the 9:00 start time.  We did it!  And we started right on time.
 Elizabeth came to help Ari



 Bruce and Marlene, our die-hard supporters, put out dozens upon dozens of eggs.
 Perfect weather for the hunt!

 Ari's group of friends is large and crazy.  We have an awesome 6th grade this year!



 We let the one-year-olds go first, then the one-to-threes, to get their photo ops before the big kids swarm.  The littles go to the playgrounds, the older kids are instructed to hit the fields.

 These two, Micah and Pennie, were snuggled up the whole time in their sweet rides.  Next year, as hard as it is to believe, they will both be toddling down that hill...
 ...and their moms, Kenzie and Brooke, will be lamenting the fact that their strollers are vacant.  Boo hoo!  Why do they grow up so fast!?

 Doesn't Coco look gorgeous in her bunny sweater?  Bill was standing by to take Golda and Ruby to play practice at 9:05.  It started at 9, but they couldn't just miss the Easter egg hunt completely!

 My neighbor, Daniel Hall, sortof volunteered to take over the hunt next year.  At least that's what his wife, Marie, said! ;)  When I thanked him on Facebook for hosting next year, he replied, "I think I've been hustled."  Ha ha.  It will be easy, Halls!  ;)
 Scott, Scott, Scott.  I love your style!

My mom is the best.
 Michelle is always there for all the big moments.  Thanks, friend!
 Her mouth was full of candy!
 Here is Daddy Dopp with his list of places and times to pick up and drop off kids while I took Golda to Salt Lake for Flute Federation.
I proudly claim all five of these handsome boys as my nephews, along with, let's see...seven other nephews who were also at the egg hunt, and four nieces!  Is that right?
The McBrides always add an element of excitement.  Twice, Matt brought eggs to our house in his golf cart, and his brother Josh showed up on his big motorcycle to deliver his eggs.  Thanks for helping us set up, Matt!
Two women who have it all together.  I love them!


As usual, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked, but we were pretty busy having fun.  We have such great family and friends around, and such good neighbors.  There is noplace I would rather live than right here.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a great morning! One thing we know is that any event the Dopps are in charge of is going to a great memory

Cricket said...

The hunt was wonderful! Thank you so much. It was the best. Lily dresses for the event with pearls, and fancy hairclips. Lily was sad she didn't have a chance to say hi to Golda.

Jennie said...

Thanks for such a fun morning. It is a lot of work, but so enjoyable and a great tradition. Thanks for your efforts.

The homestead said...

You are so lucky to have all that extra help! I was dying trying to get everywhere I needed to be yesterday. Do any of them hire out? (And Scott is a really good sport to go with a list of where to be for the day!)