Friday, April 25, 2014

Thursday


 It was Ptolemy's unbirthday at school, and he brought these gift bags for his friends, with cotton candy, Play-Doh and a pencil.  At the end of class, I brought the baby chicks for all the kids to hold.  some kids loved it.  Some were terrified.  Overall, it was a big success, and Ptolemy came away wearing a crown, which he kept on for ballet class, and for the rest of the day.  Later, he came to me and asked quietly, "So, am I FIVE now!?"  I explained the concept of an "unbirthday," but after thinking about it, he decided that he would still be five.


Freestone and Sam, aka "Einstein"
 Freestone's Marionette show was next on the program.  He stressed about writing the script with his partner, but it turned out funny and cute.  HERE IT IS.
Freestone and Ben, fellow Whovies
 Freestone was mad about Thomas Jefferson's clothing.  He claims I gave him dumb fabric and then left for Paris.  Which is true.
 Later, Golda's Dance Company performance at Moonlight Seranade.  The band does a pretty amazing job of pulling off this 5-course dinner.  They prepare it all at the school, and the band kids are the servers and performers, along with Dance Company and the choirs.  It's all big band stuff.  They serve 400 people a night for 4 nights.  It's the main fundraiser for the band, which has a bigger budget than a lot of high schools in the state, just by itself.  So it's a huge undertaking.  Scott and I were on cleanup duty, starting at 10:30 pm.  It went quickly; the band kids pitched in without being assigned.
 Golda's dance was the cha-cha and her partner was Logan.  They were both great.  It was fun to watch. HERE IT IS. As soon as I started filming, a group of people decided to leave.  I was standing next to the railing and one of the women was on crutches, so I had to help her down the stairs.  So...not the best beginning, but at least I was in a good spot to see Golda.  Golda said she's glad she's not an only child, or Scott and I would completely smother her.  It's true, we were on the front lines watching and recording the dance, and also in the hall taking pictures.  Annoying!  I guess we won't be seeing the performance the next two nights.  We'll stay home until our clean-up gig at 10:30.  I'm sure we have other offspring we need to annoy anyway!  ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both videos so fun to watch. Please tell Free and Golda they did a great job. Golda looked beautiful and graceful as ever. I am so glad you write this blog so I can keep up with all that your family is doing, makes the miles seem not so far away. Wish Tolly a happy unbirthday! xo Tricia

Jennie said...

Great work you guys. I'm glad you recorded them. So fun to watch!