Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wedding Celebration!


 This was a day we have all waited for for a long time.  Trajan's wedding dinner!  So many times, I have told myself that "someday" we would all be sitting at Trajan's wedding dinner making toasts and celebrating.  This was that day, and it was lovelier and sweeter than I ever pictured it.

 Mother of the groom and mother of the bride, both looking radiant and amazing!
 Speaking of amazing, Micaela's vision was carried out with perfection by her mom and everyone who helped.  It was perfect in every way, and catered by Sawadee, the Thai restaurant on North Temple.  Delish!
 I captured this series of pictures when Mic came out to show Trajan her wedding dress for the first time.  (This was the night before the wedding, instead of the traditional after-party.)



 What a moment!  Micaela looked stunning.

 Uncle Paul, Uncle Mark and my dad.  These are some of the great men I'm fortunate enough to look up to.

 Micaela didn't hesitate for a second to invite Chloe and Olympe to the festivities.  She welcomed them with open arms.
 Scott...:)
















 Micaela's dad giving a little speech.  He and Julie have been so warm and welcoming to Trajan and our entire family.  They are a great family.  We love them already!
 We'll be sad to see these family members go back to France!
 Micaela's fave






 The evening was bathed in a special light that illuminated the clouds from gold to pink, while the rain held back until the celebrations were ending.
 Isn't my mom incredibly beautiful?  She shopped for, chose, bought and altered these bridesmaids dresses.  She spent many hours.  She even chose outfits for me out of her closet to "shop" for, but I was a poophead about it and didn't join in on all the fun.  I ruin everything related to clothing, from the shopping for it to the actual clothing.  I'm a huge dud. :/

 Micaela has 8 siblings, all married.  They are loud and fun and maybe crazy!
 The sky was unreal.

 Trajan thanking the Lord for Mic?  ha ha

 Scott...







 Tricia fussing over something.  That's so Tricia!  She and Jim looked fabulous.  I'm so glad she was able to stay in Utah for all the wedding festivities.
 The evening ended with a roast and toast, with sentiments ranging from hilarious to tear-jerking.  Two of Trajan's friends gave a roast highlighting the age difference between Mic and Trajan.  They laid out a timeline of Trajan's life and mentioned the fact that Micaela was born one year after he got back from his mission. It was pretty funny! So Micalea is 18, just to get that out there.  I know.  Everyone had to process it, including Trajan and Micaela.  We're all over it.  In fact, my brother Josh gave the best comments at the roast, saying how our souls are eternal, and this life is but a fleeting moment, and how blessed these two were to find each other at all.  Indeed, they were both so happy at the dinner, and the wedding the next day, I felt like the world was set right with the family being completed like this.  We all love Micaela, and how she has welcomed us into her heart.  I am so excited to see what the future brings with my brother and my new sister-in-law.




1 comment:

michelle said...

I feel like I have waited SO long for this post! It didn't disappoint! What a gorgeous night! And an amazingly beautiful couple! I hope they are so very happy! And may I just interject here that Coco looked amazing! Wow, I hope I grow up to be a stunner like her someday!