Thursday, September 3, 2015

Little Tyrant

Tziporah is a little tyrant.  She is a bossy, persistent, whining nag.  I know you're thinking she looks too adorable to be a tyrant.  I challenge you to spend one day with her.  Emily tried it yesterday, when Tziporah had decided she didn't want to go to Emily's house.  We were thinking it would be good for her to try it out, since she has dropped out of everything that doesn't take place right next to, or on mom or dad's lap.  Yes, that's right.  She told Jersey, "I quit ballet and nursery.  I was too scared!"

When I asked her why she didn't want to go to nursery, she said the teachers were mean because "They wouldn't give me a snack RIGHT NOW."  And also, "Because you and Dad didn't pick me up RIGHT NOW."  Those were her exact words.  See?  She's a tyrant.

So Emily was willing to endure the screaming to see if Tizzy would stay at her house.  Due to Emily's bravery, Tizzy managed to stay for a whole hour, mostly because I was stuck at the high school.  But today's conversation topics have included several discussions titled, "I don't want to go to Emily's today."  What is with this kid?  And you know what doesn't help, is when she wins.

Today after getting her cast off, we went to McDonald's.

"Tizzy, what do you want?"

"A Hello Kitty purse."

"No, they don't have that.  Hash brown?"

"A Hello Kitty purse."

"Tizzy, we're at McDonald's.  They have food."

"I want a Hello Kitty purse."

Finally, I jokingly said to the speaker, "Um, do you guys have Hello Kitty purses?"

"Yes, we do."

Several beats of silence while I consider the ramifications of Tizzy winning yet another skirmish in the War on Sanity.

Then I order a Hello Kitty purse and a hash brown.  Tziporah is elated.  Until the Hello Kitty purse comes and she wanted the OTHER one.  RIGHT NOW.


2 comments:

michelle said...

Love this post! Love that little Tizzy!

Catherine said...

Lol! She keeps you on your toes mommy. She sure is adorable! 😊