Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Reunions


 I tried to take a bunch of pictures at the Hill family reunion August 22, but I failed.  It was fun, though.  Marlene's three brothers and their families were there, and although many were missing, if was wonderful to see those who were there.  I love the Hill family. It's a neat legacy to have married into, and for my kids to have.  I'm thankful for Elmer and Betty's kids who made the effort to get everyone together.  Scott was going to miss it so he could go to Orem to help Golda get situated, but he wanted to see all the rellies, so he changed plans and she came home on Trax.  Then he took her back to Orem Sunday night, after a full day of Grandmothers stuffing her with food.  So that worked out better anyway!



 Teenagers just love reunions, don't they?
 Right after the Hill reunion, my cousins Krissy and Sin stopped by on their near-annual whirlwind through the West.  I am so happy we're on their itinerary!  The DeBry-Kwouns always have so many people to visit, I am happy to be wherever, whenever, to see them when they're in town.  We had some food and visited while their "city" kids lived their suburban dreams of barreling down the cul-de-sac in a toy car and crashing into the curb, and then exploring the trails behind the house where sticks and burrs just seem to attack.  You can't get scraped up like that in Bethesda! ;)
 Scott, me, Krissy and Sin.  I love my cousins.  Krissy and I have had some adventures.  She lived in D.C. when I was in college and was always welcoming when I showed up.  As the slightly older, much more interesting one of the two of us, Krissy has taught me a lot over my lifetime.
 David and Marilyn and some of their kids came up too, to hang out.  They used to live just a few hours from Krissy and Sin.

 Miles, Mitchell for Lucy.  I just love these kids!

 Trying to take a picture of kids is hilarious!
 Cello boxes.  Who knew they'd be so entertaining?
After a full day of family, Tziporah was worn out!  I don't blame her; DeBry kids were here until 10 and the party just kept on going, like it does.  Tizzy has to catch a wink when she can. We're definitely past the "planning around the naps" phase of our lives.  Maybe we were never in that phase.  It's just so much more fun to plan around parties.

No comments: