Sunday, February 5, 2017

Xanthe's Day Off

Xanthe woke up late and then there were no fruit snacks for her lunch, and then she didn't know what they were having for school lunch, and instead of going through a long process of deciding what to do about that, I just said, "Do you want to stay home?"  We had a fun day.  We got haircuts and tried out different make up filters on Xanthe's pictures.  We went to lunch at my cousin Marilyn's house and chatted with Coco, Marilyn, Julie and Athena.  It was a great day, and fun to spend time with Xanthe. She has turned into a little comedian lately.  I don't know if she's trying to be funny, but she's so funny.  She giggles softly after she says something.  Today, the story was: "We were learning about different cultures at school and we read a story about a Chinese family.  Afterwards, everyone was looking at me.  I was like, 'What.  It takes me TWO hands to use chopsticks, and even then, I can only pick up one noodle.'"  Ah, the complexities!  She's hilarious. 
Sorry, Marilyn, I just had to show off your amazing living room. I love it!



All week, the kids got out two hours early.  I love, love, love early out weeks.  We have so much more time, it feels luxurious.






No comments: