Thursday, May 25, 2017

Color March


When I heard that the Davis High band was going to march in the Macy's parade next fall, my first thought was, "This is going to cost us money." We don't even have a kid in the band, but when band parents unite to fundraise, believe me. They will get you! Not that I'm upset about it. I loooove te Davis High band, and I'm happy to support them. For the Moonlight Serenade, I had the chance to donate a basket of music goodies from my store for the silent auction. Scott donated a trust worth $800. It's so fun to be part of the energy.

That's why our family participated in the Color March. It was early on a. Saturday morning, and none of the kids knew what to expect. They weren't exactly thrilled, but that all changed as soon as they started getting hit with colored chalk along the route. At the end, the explosion of colors had us all laughing and squealing. I wish the whole town had been there. There's nothing quite like feeling part of a community, and I'm thankful the Davis High band encompasses all of us in theirs.














1 comment:

Catherine said...

What fun!

Is that final pic you?