Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Little Pike Place in Kaysville


 My birthday is this week, and every woman knows birth"days" should be celebrated as birth"weeks," or even better, birth"months."  My gift to myself this week was to spend time on hosting Shelter lunch.  Three of us have birthdays this week, so it was a prime week for a celebration.  Inspired by our amazing weekend, I got swept away in a Seattle theme, kindof a Pike Place market/Starbucks/farm fresh/fall vibe.
 As guest came in, they were serenaded by Ruby, who had her case out for money, Pike Place style.
 Setting the table was to immerse myself in fall.  We brought apples and pears home from Washington, and they were the jumping-off point for the decorations as well as the menu.


 All the ladies got to browse my "Pike Place Market" and take home bath salts, a rice bag for aches and pains, a violin, a book or two, a scarf, a candy bag, a bouquet of flowers and Aplets and Cotlets that we got right from the source.
 Golda made cute nametags and signs for the market.  We all had some fun last night with the preparations.  Family Free Time! :)





 And this is the Starbucks corner.  I had my collection of mugs out, and some hot chocolate ingredients that I knew we would never have time for, what with the Diet Coke and the cider-tasting.  But it helped with the ambiance!  I developed some pics from Seattle in sepia to string around and use in the centerpiece.






 Pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.  Sam's Club came through!


Scott and I love this picture of Jonathan showing Scott his farm.  We had so much fun there.  Which reminds me, I can't wait to post all the pictures from the trip.  I'm just glad that, for an afternoon, we could have a little Seattle right here at home.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Thank you for the incredible amount of effort you put into lunch. It was such a special afternoon and a perfect way to celebrate our birthdays. Thank you for all the special touches, the gifts, and the delicious soup. It was heaven!

sws said...

That salmon chowder was amazing & hearing Ruby play in the fall sunshine was wonderful. Thanks for bringing your fun trip home.

Anonymous said...

What a fun and thoughtful day/luncheon you prepared for your Shelter group. Lovely preparations and lovely pictures posted for us to enjoy. I am sure everyone loved it. You are so clever, Ruby playing the guitar was a great touch! I am sure the day turned out to be one to remember. xo Tricia

Ernstfamilyfun said...

It looks beautiful! And so fun!

Marilyn said...

I want to come have lunch at your house--that looks like so much fun.

Amanda said...

You handed out violins?! Holy cow! You're amazing! That looks like so much fun! You always come up with such creative fun ideas! It's fun to see and be inspired! Thanks for sharing!