Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Check

I hate to leave you, but Scott's ban on travel talk only lasted until the next day when he texted me something about visiting Zeljko and Jenn over UEA.  One road led to another, and we'll be back from the Pacific Northwest on Sunday.  We leave right after school, court, the PSAT, a car repair, a violin repair, six more ballet classes, four violin lessons, a piano lesson and a welcome back party for my parents.  So 18 hours?  I can't wait to be free of worksheets!

Don't get me wrong.  I love this suburban life.  I'm surrounded by beauty and fun!  It's just that, sometimes you have to scrap your to-do list, forget the percentages and grades and practice charts and check marks and pull out a clean sheet of paper.  Find a pencil that has lead, or perhaps the last remaining crayon, which is probably an inch long and yellow, and write, "To Do."

And then under that, draw a little check box.  Then write, "Be with people you love."

Then go.  Check that box.  

4 comments:

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Cute.

michelle said...

You go Dopps!

Anonymous said...

Darling picture of all of you. Have a fun get away, be safe, enjoy! Life is short, we must make the most of it and take advantage. Say hi to the Pacific Northwest for me! Love it there. xo Tricia

laurel said...

I don't know how you do what you do. Travel talk at your house, must continue. You deserve it with your agenda.