Monday, October 28, 2013

Birthday, Birthday, Birthday

It's been my birthday for a couple of weeks, and it shows no sign of letting up!  So here, in no particular order, are pictures from things and events I am calling "my birthday."  You have to go out and make birthday celebrations happen.  I've noticed they don't just plan themselves, these things!


 This one really was my birthday.  Golda was busy and Ari was in California, so with just 5 kids, we thought dinner at Oh Mai would be do-able.  It was so fun!  Scott had given me a whole pile of new clothes for my birthday, so I even chose a new outfit for the occasion.  I love not having to think about wardrobe!  When I become a rich and famous movie star, I will have a new, pre-selected outfit for each day.  Anyway, we ordered a bunch of sandwiches and a couple of rice dishes.  We had never tried the rice, so we didn't know it was covered with delicious meats!  I'm already dying to go back.
After Oh Mai, we veered off the path toward home because we couldn't resist stopping at Luna Berry for bubble tea.  I vote theirs to be the best in Salt Lake.  It's on 4th South and about 6th East.
 The best gift I could get is my kids being nice to each other.  I went downstairs at bedtime to find Ruby doing a full-on musical revue for Ptolemy.  Props and everything.  Here, she is the grandmother.  Singing, dancing, voices.  No wonder he always wants WOOBY to put him to bed!

Our next celebration was when Tricia and Jim took a bunch of us to Kim Long for lunch.  PT and Tizzy were mesmerized by the fish tank, and I was mesmerized by the food.  Delish!
 Saturrday, Smurfs 2 at the Kaysville Theater.  It was Tziporah's first movie outside of the car, and she did great!  At one point, she got up and said, "A'mon, Tolly.  Go."  She was ready to leave until I sat her on my lap and fed her Reece's Pieces.
 Because my birthday is thin month, I parked in front of numerous No Parking signs in the alley while I turned in my Nutcracker ticket order and dropped off Freestone for Party Boy rehearsal.  It's OK, though.  Both Studio A and the travel agency was closed, so I didn't get in any trouble.  Besides, it's (kindof) my birthday!
 Saturday night after the ward Halloween party, we couldn't pass up the chance to see our nephew Jackson in action as the Grim Reaper at the jr. high spook alley.  Honestly, I was scared.  I kept hiding behind Freestone.  Thank heavens we had Jackson as our personal guide.  Otherwise, I may have gotten overwhelmed and started screaming and trying to fight my way out.  Great job, Jackson!
 The morning of our Primary program. everyone ready to go.  I was excited to be leading the music for the program, instead of sitting through another boring Sacrament meeting with 7 kids.  Just kidding.  Sacrament meeting is never boring, and I always leave uplifted.  Also, I'm a liar.

 But back to my birthday.  These are pics from a couple of weeks ago when I went on my solo trip to Park City.  I love being alone.  Happy birthday to me!
 After church, these darling girls, Hannah, Gracie and Lian, brought me cookies to thank me for the Primary program.  They are so sweet!  The program was awesome.  The kids are the best.

Ward Party to celebrate my birthday Halloween.
 These two beautiful women have birthdays the day after mine.  So I gave up the spotlight for a minute while we had lunch to celebrate their birthdays.  Happy birthday to two incredible friends, Jennie and Michelle!
 On my actual birthday, I got to go and teach the art project in Xanthe's class.  I love seeing kids create and do art.  It is so satisfying to see them let go and be creative.  Thanks to Emily King for making this art program happen!
Last night, the Kings came over bearing dinner and gifts, and we reprised "Circe's Birthday 2013."  Later, Ari came home from California.  Hooray!  She had a fabulous time with her cousins, but I sure was glad to see her freckly little face!  While she was gone, everyone slept in.  I never realized it was Ari who got everyone up and moving until she was gone.  This morning, all the kids were up and ready bright and early.  Thank heavens for Ari!

I have one more tiny little celebration planned with friends tomorrow, then I have to call it quits on my birthday.  Halloween is Thursday, and you're all invited to our house from 4:00 to 5:00.  Bring candy!  It will be one party I won't be able to call mine.  Halloween, go ahead, take the stage!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Party on! It is soooo fun to keep the party going, that is how it should be. You take after Big Golda, who always loved to keep her birthday going, not so much to be in the spotlight, but just to enjoy the festivities and people around, she loved to be with loved ones and friends and enjoy their company. Birthdays should last this long! It was all fun for you (and us), lots of memories, lots of good friends and food and the love of all your family and friends. What a way to celebrate. Look forward to Halloween, till then, party on! xo Tricia

Ernstfamilyfun said...

I can't wait till you become a rich and famous movie star! LOL

Catherine said...

Happy, happy Birthday friend!! I like the way you roll!! A month of birthday celebrations sounds like the perfect way to celebrate YOU!! Only 11 more until the party begins again!