Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fathers

 Sandwiched in between Beast Week and Ballet Week (isn't every week ballet week around here?!), there was Fathers Day.  These dads always seem to take a back seat to everything that's happening, even as they toil to make it all possible.  Scott and his hula hoop routine were part of the Kaysville Arts in the Park day last Saturday, when the whole family (except Golda who was taking the dumb ACT) met to enjoy some fresh air, fun vendors and...deep fried OREOS!!  I repeat, DEEP FRIED OREOS.  But enough about clogged arteries.  My point is, Scott is a fantastic dad.  I probably could have predicted that before I married him, had I had the foresight to wonder about such things.  I didn't wonder, though; I blithely assumed such banal matters as kids and a living would work themselves out.  What mattered was that Scott was extremely sexy. :)  Fortunately for me, he also has other positive characteristics, such as being perfect.
And speaking of perfection, there's my dad.  The caption to this photo is, "There are two kinds of people in the world:  My dad, and everyone else.  I like the first kind better."  Felshaw is and always has been one of a kind.  It's always interesting to see what book my dad has open on his kitchen table.  This week, it was a track from the Jehovah's Witnesses, open and highlighted.  Dad said he had told a friend he would read it.  I hope he doesn't convert; we wouldn't be able to celebrate Fathers Day anymore, and I love having a day to reflect on my dad, my grandfathers, whom I sorely miss, my father-in-law, whom I love, and of course, his son. Thanks, guys.  I love you and I'm aware every day that my happiness wouldn't be possible without you.

No comments: