Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Starry Art Night and Great American Road Trip

 Golda was going to do the Starry, Starry Art Night, but she had a (sudden) dress rehearsal, so I got to do it.  All throughout, I laughed at myself for thinking we were going to look at the stars toward the end.  It doesn't even get dark until 9:30, and the camp ended at 9!










 This craft actually turned out great.  We tried to make stars out of twigs, though, and that didn't turn out great.  The stars looked more like piles of twigs stuck to pieces of paper with massive pools of glue.  Ha ha!  The Pinterest version was much better!


 We talked about Van Gogh and made finger paintings of his Starry Night background, then did cutouts of some foreground items like houses and trees.  The kids were a crack-up.  I've never seen such hard work for such sloppy results.  Ha ha!  That's what you get for letting them finger paint!  Nonetheless, their artwork was wonderful.  I just love kid art, which is good because the very next morning, Ruby ran the "Great American Road Trip" camp.  The cityscapes she did with the kids, with the Brooklyn Bridge made out of string and paper, turned out so cute!



 Baseball craft.  As a general rule, kids will use as much glitter as you give them, even if they have to pile it in mounds all over their craft.  They are like little glitterholics.  They don't know when to stop.

 I wish I had pictures of all the cityscapes, because each one was so unique and perfect.

 Eric made a dragon instead of a cityscape.  He was so focused!  I love these kids.
See what I mean about the glitter?  These will NEVER dry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute of all these little faces and I love their art work! Love the enthusiasm on their faces and determination! Great idea, so fun. xo Tricia