Thursday, June 19, 2014

The First Batch of Recital Pictures


 Ari in her jazz dance, with Ellison, Jenna and Emma
 Gift for Clytie looked better in real life.
 Emily and Madi, playing in a piano trio (Haydn in D) for my class and another.
 My Wednesday-Saturday 4:00 class
 Exit stage left.  I was going to get a picture of Freestone dancing with Savanna at the end, but right then, a member of the bishopric called, and his phone number blocked my camera.  Dangit! (I found out later, it was to ask Golda to give a talk this Sunday in Sacrament meeting.)
 Great bunch!  Having Freestone in my class was a pleasure.  He is a hard worker and he seems to love it.  I always start my class right on time, when the clock tower strikes the hour.  When it gets close, Freestone starts pestering me to start.
 Backstage to watch Xanthe.  Xanthe is an excellent little dancer.  More on that later.

 Golda waiting in the wings
 Ruby in "Eine Kleine."


 Can I tell you how much I love these moments???
 Jennie and Izzy came to see us.  Thank you!
 "Golda, make us look pretty."  "And skinny!"
 She did!  I love my beautiful friends.  I had Jen's daughter Phebe in my class this year.  She is a verrrrry good dancer!  All my dancers were hard-working and obedient this year.  We got a lot done.  Phebe wrote me a note that said, "We were rowdy sometimes but you dealt with us."  Ironic because Phebe was the most quiet and respectful dancer ever.  It's always the good ones who worry about pleasing the teacher, and the slightly less conscientious ones who are oblivious to the reprimands meant for them!

 Golda

My dance, "Trio."

3 comments:

Jennie said...

All of them were beautiful dancers. I'm sorry we didn't get to see Tolly. Can't wait to see all the footage. What a great week full of excitement, fun, accomplishments, and memories.

Michelle said...

I love all these pictures! Keep them coming!

sws said...

Golda is so flexible!!! Beautiful photos.