Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Golda's Nutcracker

 When we left Oakland, it was a sunny California day, but in Utah, there was a raging blizzard.  We were wondering if our flight would land in Provo, but if our flight crew was the least bit concerned, they never showed it, and we landed just fine in a snowstorm.

After some debate, Coco, Bill and Araceli opted to go home on Frontrunner while Ruby and I stayed for Golda's Nutcracker performance with Utah Regional Ballet.  It was perfect timing that her performance was the night we flew in to Provo.  Scott was going to come too, but he couldn't make it through the snow, so I had 4 extra tickets.  I called my cousin Laura and Golda called Ashley, and voila, we had all six tickets taken.  It was so much fun to sit by Laura and catch up a little bit, and see Adaline and Bridie.  I have the best cousins.  Thanks for braving the snow, Laura!
Before the show, Ruby and I totally relaxed at Golda's apartment.  One of the things I admire about Golda is that her room is always immaculate. It was decorated for Christmas and we snuggled in until it was time to go.  We took the poor, starving students, Golda and Sierra, to Cubby's.
I should have taken pictures with Laura and her girls, but I didn't think of it.  It was fun to see Ashley again, Golda's lifelong ballet buddy.  We had a great time sitting in the audience and comparing this ballet to "ours."  Both are fantastic.  Golda was beautiful as an Arabian.  The drive home was icy but not too bad, since we had my mom's big Jeep.  A highly enjoyable night and perfect start to the holiday season after coming home from our travels.  Life is good.

No comments: