Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Last Class

We all has last classes of the year last week at Clytie's. My last class was Thursday, and I had to not think about it. That was the day Mac and Freestone came and helped me, to divert my emotions as much as to teach the dancers. But Saturday was the VERY last day. Freestone and Ruby both had class at 8 am. I savored the moment as I turned into the alley. Neither one of them will be back next year. Clytie was gracious to let Freestone continue this year, even when he missed many classes for Ballet West. Ruby is a senio, finishing out 13 years in this place. 13 years.

As I drove away, I was just sad. So sad that things have to end, especially things as beautiful as 13 years of ballet with wonderful teachers and good friends. Ruby is moving on to bigger things, and so is Freestone, but still. I had kinda counted on the good things in life staying the same as bad things phase in and out as hurdles to overcome.

I'm grateful for the beauty that Clytie's has brought into our lives, and the opportunities. And I'm thankful I still have four kids to drive down the alley next year!









No comments: