Sunday, June 3, 2018

Pride and the Prophet

We had a diverse Sunday. After teaching Sunday School, Araceli, Freestone and I made a spur-of-the moment jaunt into Salt Lake to the Pride Parade. It was a happy, festive event.


Then lunch at Coco and Bill's. I love seeing my family.
Everyone fights over Escher and Iver.
Our friend from Ballet West, Lucas Horns, was in charge of the flag project this year, so we ordered a flag for a $15 donation to be placed in our yard for Pride Week.  I admit, I was a little apprehensive, mostly at having someone make a comment that I didn't like and then having bad feelings towards that person. But I think with all the teen suicide and just trouble so many teens go through, that we wanted everyone to know that our home is safe, like I wrote on my Instagram. I was happily surprised at all the positive comments from friends. I think everyone just wants to get along and be happy.


That evening, Scott took these beautiful people to the conference center to hear President and Sister Nelson speak. I watched it live on Facebook with all the comments streaming in from all over the world. The thing I loved about this Sunday was witnessing and being a part of two radically different events that were both so full of and about love. We were all inspired by the devotional. President Nelson cautioned us about social media and encouraged the youth to "take a break from fake" and step back from social media for a week. Being cognizant of the effect it has on your life is important.

All in all, I went to bed at the end of a beautiful day fully inspired and grateful.


No comments: