Thursday, October 2, 2008

House of Slytherin




So the "parseltongue" who lives under our front porch has shed his skin. I guess he's growing up pretty fast. It sends shivers along my arms to know that we have a snake living inches away from our legs whenever we leave the house, and that he is now bigger than this old skin! It almost seems like he left this entire, perfect skin as a threat or a warning. "Look how big I am! Look how scary my eyeballs are, and how wide my mouth can open!" Yikes!

I prefer to think of our snake as a friend who left us a really cool gift that we can use for science projects. Thanks, snake! Have a good winter. Sleep well!

8 comments:

Emily said...

ummm....
what kind of snake is it?

Jennie said...

OMGosh! You have a good attitude. I would be freaking out. Ryan would not only be freaking out, he would be calling an exterminator of some sorts. He freaks when he sees little garter snakes. Hopefully your little friend will stay well hidden whenever we come over. Then again... it might be fun to see Ryan totally freak out and scream like a little girl. :)

SSWS said...

Unbelievable! I can barely even look at this post....I hate snakes! Yuch! I didn't know that their head and eyes and mouth shed too! ugh!

Michelle said...

I gotta go with ugh here! Your baby is holding snake skin! But hey, can I come watch if Ryan freaks out and sees it sometime-sounds pretty funny!

Lisa and Tate said...

You are so brave. I am so freakin' afraid of those slytherin snakes.... shivering here just the thoughts of it.

Elisa said...

::doing the freak out dance::

That's just nasty. I hate snakes. Really really hate snakes. the hair on the back of my neck is standing up!! Blech!

What the heck was that? Something just touched my foot!

::continuing to do the freakout dance. ::

love.boxes said...

YIPES! We have sneaky snake too.. it makes me not want to go in the backyard. I don't know what kind he is. What a great show-n-tell however!!!

Circ.. you know I will paint a Chinese fairy or whatever else...

PS.. I went shopping at the Mall today.. a rare afternoon and I saw this beautiful orange sweater at J. Crew with your name on it. You kind of have to see this in real life, but here's a link

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/sweaters/merino/PRDOVR~96527/96527.jsp

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a nice thing to have living so close. We had a snake living under our deck for awhile. I sincerely hope he has found a new happy home!