Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This Is Why I Love Scott



7:00 AM is too early for a conversation, but sometimes it happens. As Scott was leaving this morning, I said, "I'm going to have home made root beer at the Halloween party." See, 7:00 is too early to be coherent. I'm not sure why I blurted out that useless piece of information.

Scott's reply was, "No, no, no, no, no. That would be a big, sticky mess."

"No it wouldn't. It's going to be outside."

"You just want to do it because it would look really cool and spooky, like a witches' brew."

"Exactly. It's a Halloween party."

"The doors will all be wide open, a hundred kids will be running in and out, and they'll all be spilling root beer everywhere."

Dang, Scott is so pragmatic. So in touch with reality. I promised him nobody would spill root beer anywhere, so I think I'll type up a waiver and pass them out to the kids to sign. "I promise I will not get a big cup of spooky, cool root beer and take it directly in the house and spill it because I can't see out of my Darth Vader mask." Or "I promise I will not get my cool, spooky root beer kicked out of my hands by a Zac Efron look-alike doing dance moves."

I'm pretty sure the waiver idea is going to work. If it doesn't, it won't matter because all the frosting on the floor will absorb any cool, spooky root beer that might happen to spill. What? No, of course the kids won't be decorating cookies with candy and frosting in the house.

Better make that two waivers.

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Scott and I are so the same. :) Even though, we both swear we are different. Good thing we have you and Ryan to keep us balanced. :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the party. Let me know how it turns out.

Love, Scott

love.boxes said...

The thought of rootbeer on the floor actually causes me great agnst! I love Scott's comment... he can't even look! But, if he doesn't attend.. who is going to dump the garbage can full of candy on the childrens heads?

PS Circ... I loved your Frankenstein review.. that's exactly what I thought.. Dr. Frankenstien could have prevented all that mayhem with a little kindness and instruction. Your review made me think of Helen Keller and her teacher, who gave Helen everything really.

Anonymous said...

We loved going to the pumpkin patch with you. Your party sounds like a lot of fun..rootbeer and all! I am reading your book and it is really disturbing. Between crying it makes me want to go back and try to get each baby to a loving home. It brings a new perspective to adopting our daughter.

Jenny said...

I can be "THE ENFORCER" if you need some help. I am good at being anal and mean!

Emily said...

LOL.... I love this post!

Lisa and Tate said...

Sounds like an awesome party!!! Spills happen .... memories will be priceless.