Friday, June 24, 2011

 All the eight-year-old girls in our family have had their birthday party at the Lion House.  It's a pioneer-style tea party with pioneer games, taffy pulling and a special Lion Cake.  I didn't think Freestone would have any interest, but when I asked him what he wanted to do for his eighth birthday, he immediately replied, "Lion House," like it was a foregone conclusion that that's what he would do. 

Freestone was so excited to get the invitations in the mail and start filling them out.  I have some cute pictures of him slaving away with a Sharpie, but I can't find the camera.  I borrowed my mom's for the party.  That's how serious it is.  The camera is nowhere to be found.  I'm starting to get anxious.  I've already missed documenting a party we had Wednesday where the cops showed up and a fun dinner with Scott and Golda at the Cheesecake Factory Thursday for Golda's birthday.  Exciting things happen when the camera is missing, I tell you!

It's a good thing we captured some of these Lion House moments, though.  Freestone's eight-year-old smile, all the boys in their coonskin caps, the special cake, the games...The party was every bit as fun for boys as it was for girls.  they loved playing Button Button and touring the Lion House.  They were polite during tea time and held it together during present time.  Guests were Scott and me, the three older sisters, Collin, Jackson, Henry, Jake, Tanner, Chase and of course, the birthday boy, who got to be the leader everywhere we went. 

I just love my little Freestone Boy.  He is my clever, imaginative dreamer, my favorite violinist, my storyteller, the tender-hearted big brother and sweet little man.  It is such a ride watching him grow up.  I'm glad Freestone chose the Lion House.  It was a special way to celebrate.  We love you, Free Free!


















3 comments:

The homestead said...

Love the picture of Scott with hair! Looks like the boys had a great time!

Jennie said...

What great pictures. It looks like you had a fun time. I can't believe how many pics you were able to get with Jackson smiling! Yeah! That tickles my heart to see him engaged, happy, and present in the moment. Thanks for including him. I hope Free had a wonderful b-day.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

How fun! I love the Lion House- It actually reminds me of Nana. Once, when I was little she babysat me, and took me to lunch there. Fun times!