Friday, June 3, 2011

Freestone, Age 7

Free strives to live up to his nickname, Mr. Contrary

Talent Show day.  Freestone did a great job on Allegro.  He re-started violin in January from the beginning and has moved so fast since then.  Finally!  He's gotten from bunny bow holds to Etude in 5 months.  I'm proud of him.


Joah

At the Clarks' Last Day of School Breakfast this morning, at 7:30.  What a great idea!  Misty is such a fun mom, always ready for adventure.  All the kids walked to school together after their pancake breakfast.
I love this.  It says, "I love videogams so much.   I am a mitol child.
Don't punch

Picture of Freestone's ideal bedroom.  It looks like there's a pretty fancy slide!  It says Freestone's room has zero toys and 30 books.  Sounds perfect to me!
I like me because I have dog's.  We'll have to work on apostrophes.  When in doubt, leave it out!

I like me because I have a little brudther.  Free is saying, "Ptolemy"  and Ptolemy is saying, "Da!"
Final draft of Freestone's beach story.  I almost started crying when it said, "We take turns with the frosty mugs."  A small detail of a fun tradition.

I love, love, love that Freestone is learning French!  He hates, hates, hates it, but you couldn't pay me to take him out of the program.  It is just adorable to see his work and writing if French.  He has had two teachers this year, Mme Hassell and Mrs. Arnell, that I wish he could have every single year.  They were both phenomenal.  Freestone is shy at school, and a bit dreamy.  He is getting better and better at baseball.  He has gotten a double and a single!  I have a good time practicing violin with him every day.  He loves dogs.  He earned a pet for practicing 100 days in a row.  After much research, we were lucky enough, instead of buying a pet, to be able to take care of the second grade class pet for the summer.  You'll see pictures pretty soon!

Freestone, I'm proud of you for going to school even when it was tough, for being brave even when you felt shy and for being just the boy Daddy and I want you to be, only a million times better.  You're wonderful!

1 comment:

laurel said...

I just love him! He is such a great kid. I look forward to watching him grow. It should be very entertaining.