Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ari's Essay

Everything I Need to Learn, I Learned in 6th Grade
Araceli Dopp

                Everything I needed to learn, I leaned it this year. My teachers, Miss Phelps, Mrs. Chesley, and Mrs. Warden are great teachers. There’re the reason I learned so much this year. Thank you, to the best teachers ever!
                If learning is hard, you can always ask any one of the teachers, they’re bound to help. Teachers are called teachers for a reason, they teach. Miss Phelps, Mrs. Chesley, and Mrs. Warden do just that, they help us learn. Even though they all teach in different ways, they all teach, and they all help students learn. Activities are some things that help us learn, and we do lots of those.
                In 6th grade, we learn math, science, language arts, social studies, world history, and skills we need for junior high school. Fun activities like Shakespeare, Greek and Roman day, and Medieval day have made learning fun. We could have just sat down and read from text books about everything, but instead, we did fun activities. In our class, we sang almost every day. I really enjoyed the singing, and it helped us learn. We sang songs about cells, heat, the earth cycle, and the moon cycle.
                When we learned writing with Mrs. Chesley, I learned so much. I learned when to start new paragraphs, how long a sentence should be, and smaller things too. I learned math from Mrs. Warden. We learned things like algebra, putting things into percentages, and every other thing you can think of about math. Every term we switched teachers for science and language arts. We did both with different teachers, and we learned different things than with the teacher before. There is a lot to learn in science, so each teacher had something different to teach. We learned about bacteria and how it helps the body, we learned about all of the planets and what order they go in, and we learned about how the tilt of the earth has to do with seasons and we learned about the phases of the moon.

                This year in 6th grade, I learned more than I thought I would. We have great teachers who are a big help, and we have good students. When we put our mind to it, we can learn a lot. When great students and great teacher come together to learn, we can all learn so much. I learned so much this year. Even by listening to other people, and things that didn’t have to do with school I learned. Thank you Mrs. Warden, Miss Phelps, and Mrs. Chesley for being the best teachers ever and for helping us to learn.

1 comment:

The homestead said...

Love your family! Great pictures.