Monday, May 26, 2014

Lagoon 2014

 Tziporah didn't know what to expect out of "Lagoon Day."  She thought it was going to be the zoo.
 Well, there we no elephants.
 But there were cousins!  Jersey and Tizzy are like two little peas in a pod.  Two bossy, cranky peas.  Ha ha!
 Ptolemy takes good care of his baby sister.

 We love these two cute girls so much!
 And these two cute girls, too!  Xanthe and Izzy were the lucky ones who got Dippin' Dots with Grandma and Grandpa.  Right place, right time!

 The rest of us got ice cream.  Can't complain, can we?!

 These two hooligans sneaking pop under the benches!  Tee hee!


 These boys sure love each other.
 Flashing the peace sign.  Some of us can't control how many fingers are up and how many are down.  So funny!

 The bumper cars, or as Tolly and Tizzy experienced them, the Cars That Stayed in the Corner Because Their Drivers Didn't Understand the Concept of Turning the Wheel.

 Another two girls that we love, love, love...
 ...and a photo bomber.
My day at Lagoon actually started out in line for Wicked.  Freestone and the other kids have been pestering me to go on this scary, scary ride.  I am not a big fan of extreme anxiety, so I usually don't go on the roller coasters.  Been there, done that, got nothing to prove.  BUT Freestone is very persistent and I finally decided just to do it and get it over with.  I can't say it was fun.  I closed my eyes and yelped the whole time.  It was pathetic.  Afterwards, I was shaking from all the adrenaline for an hour.  So not worth it.  The clincher is, Freestone said it "didn't count" because I wasn't' having fun.  The little rat!
 Grandma telling the kids about the dolls in the Pioneer Village Museum.  Speaking of museums, we lost Jake and Freestone momentarily when we thought they were on the log flume.  Turns out, the line was too long, so they decided to check out the telephone museum.  Funny boys!
 Pioneer Village ice cream is a must-do tradition for Lagoon Day.

 Circus Museum
 Escaped from the circus?
 I just love these two boys.  They are my favorites. :)



How sweet is this little thing?  Sadly, another Lagoon Day is history.  At the end, Xanthe said, "I wish we could start over again and do the whole thing from the beginning."  I know!  And now we have to wait all the way until next year.  Boo hoo!!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

What a great way to spend a day together with your family!! Such fun! Lately I've been thinking of the shaved ice thingy with custard (?) we got with TAwni's family last year. It was ah-ma-zing!! (I love anything frozen). Wish they had it here!

Can you pass a message on yo Freestone for me?? Please tell him this crazy Canadian would live to ride Wicked with him!! Of course, only if you watched Hannah for me friend so sadly ;o) you'd have to keep your feet firmly planted on the ground!

Jennie said...

I'm not sure where I've been. I had a free second to look at the blog and realized I've almost missed a week of posts. Okay, the Xanthe post is precious. Those shots of the two of you are priceless. I agree. X is right where she belongs. We couldn't love her anymore than we already do. Lagoon.... pic on the table - classic. Even though I hated the heat, I loved being with everyone. Thanks for your efforts to make the weekend fun and enjoyable for everyone. I hope your foot gets feeling better. What a bummer to go into summer with something to slow you down. Love ya!