Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Haircut

This cute little thing got 6 inches chopped off her hair.  It was gorgeous long, but adorable in a bob, so we decided to switch it up for summer.  Xanthe was pleased with it.  She feels sassier and more confident.  Xanthe is a fun kid.  She keeps me on my toes with her attention to detail and constant concern for when and what we'r having for the next meal.  If it weren't for Xanthe, I think I might just forget to feed the kids half the time.  Her first words in the morning are always, "What are we having for breakfast?"  Her best memories of any trip are always what we ate.  And here she is after her haircut, getting food!  She is a little foodie!  She isn't picky and loves all kinds of food, so she is fun to dine with.  Even if it's just a little ice cream on the way home from a super fun haircut.



I love Xanthe's real smile!  It emanates light.  Xanthe awes me with her tender heart and steely core.  At her very core, she has something that I imagine is the domain of her Chinese ancestors; a strength that connects her to their spirits, and to her family line.  Even though she is sealed to us forever and is ours, ours, ours, I have to think that she can still lay claim to her heritage.  It wouldn't make sense that her ancestors wouldn't watch over her.  She is lost to her birth family here on earth, but not in heaven.  They know her.  They are watching over her.  So Xanthe has two families' angels on her side.  No wonder her smile emanates light!

Phew, all that deep thinking over a haircut?  Nothing is "just a haircut" with this kid!