Sunday, July 19, 2015

Alps, Bear Lake. We Are All So Lucky

Golda and Ruby went to Lanslevillard, France with the Lavieierres and Genevieve and Hubert.  They stayed in the family's chalet in the Alps for over a week.  Genevieve has a beautiful, sweet voice, and told Ruby they were going on a "short, easy walk."  Ruby was so funny describing how the short, easy walk was a 4-hour hike over the mountain to Italy, using ski poles to help with the incline.  Tee hee.  Americans are wimps!  By the end of their stay in the Alps, I think the girls were more used to these "short, easy" hikes.  They loved them, in fact.  The scenery...I mean, it's the Alps!


The lake was a lot of fun.  They boated and rented one of those giant bubble wrap tubes to roll around in.


We thought we'd go to our own mountain lake, Bear Lake.  We spent the day there with Audrey and Melanie's families and a couple of Araceli's friends.





Perfect day, great company, tons of food, party truck.  Pretty much never wanted to leave.





Wow, Tizzy.  Quite a trick...I guess.  ha ha
Bought these floatie fish for Ptolemy for his birthday on the way up there.
Teens are fun.  I love them.






Le Beau's on the way home.  We all had digestive problems later.  Never going back there.


Lots of fun times at Oakridge.  I love summer nights.




I love this picture of the dangerous, uncertain road the girls were hiking.  Great.  Ha ha.  Actually, I don't worry about them at all while they're gone.  Except when they're catching a flight or a train.  That is nerve wracking.
Bear Lake
Cherry Hill

We thought since the girls were in the Alps, we would visit the Matterhorn.  On the mini golf course, but still.

Farmington parade; shady, short, candy, not on the 4th.  How can you go wrong, really?


Our little Hunan swimmer!
I am in love with this chalet.  I'm not jealous, per se, but man I wish I could be there too!  Nonetheless, I am so content to think that our girls got to spend time in this idyllic setting.  I just can't believe how lucky they are, and how incredibly generous our friends are.  Genevieve is such a good soul, so caring and open hearted.  The girls really missed Chloe, who is in Canada for a year of law school.  It's so nice that the Neyrand- Rouxs and the Lavieierres would welcome our kids like they have.  We are so grateful.  And all this time, I keep getting texts and pictures from the Altieris, of fun things they have planned for the kids during the next few weeks.  Spain and Portugal are going to be incredible.  Right now, though, they are in Burgundy, in Peronne at Genevieve and Hubert's summer home.  More about that later.

This was their last day in the Alps, and it was a rainy day in the village.  They all enjoyed hot chocolate and games in a cafe with the locals, followed by a walk through the Alps through the kind of scenery that bears witness of God's love and majesty.  So a good day.  A very, very good day.  We all have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I bet they are having the time of their lives. What an incredible opportunity. I also loved the post about X's haircut. She is a shining star for sure. Love her.