Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Bazails Are Here!

With Sarah and Roland in town, as well as Tricia and Jim in the vicinity, we planned a day at Cherry Hill, a sleepover and a day at Boondocks on the generous Tricia and Jim.  It's harder than you would think to fit fun into the summer, what with life happening too.  So I found myself on the way to Cherry Hill with a less-than-stellar lunch.  My Instagram caption was: "I wish I were the girl with the neatly packed, organic picnic basket, towels and swimsuits for every kid, and a jug of cold lemonade.  But I'm not.  I'm the girl with the dashboard full of hot dogs, asking myself questions like, "How can I make a swimsuit for Tizzy out of this hat?" And "I wonder how old this Sprite is?"

I laughed about that one all day.  In actuality, I don't wish I were the girl with the neatly packed picnic basket.  That is the girl who is silently screaming on the inside while she outwardly tries to project success.  Or at least that's what I tell myself.  For the record, at age 43, I am quite satisfied with who I am.  Perfection is for the dogs.





 I will say, though, that these two are pretty darn perfect.  And so were our two days of Bazail Bliss.  I loved seeing Alex and Lincoln again.  I missed them!!

 Trajan and Micaela
 Day 2:  movin' on up from hot dogs.  This is the picnic I packed to take to the revelers at Boondocks.  Tricia and Jim were such good sports.  The kids had a blast at Boondocks!
 Where is Tizzy??
This little spitfire was too little for Boondocks.  She stayed home with me to repair violins.  She loved it.  I think her exact words were:  "Mom!  Dad doesn't make all this noise when He does HIS work!  And he cooks dinner and you don't, 'cause you're always doing THIS!"  Tziporah loves to rant and rave.  She is hilarious.

No comments: