Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer in All Its Glory


 This is what summer looks like.  David provides the pizza, I provide the adult supervision at Cherry Hill.  Or not.

 Scott loves it when I slave over a hot pizza box to provide sustenance for our family.
 Pirate boy
 Sometimes we switch it up and go to a different body of water.  I like to fill up all the seats in the car, so we invite friends.
 No pizza this time, only bologna, the object of my heart's desire when I was a junk-food-deprived kid.  These kids were confused by the red stuff around the edge.  I guess bologna doesn't hold the same appeal in 2015 as it did in the '70's, slapped on a bed of Miracle Whip between two pieces of Wonder Bread.  I always was jealous of the kid who had that.  I had Jack Spratt whole grain bread and all-natural peanut butter.



 Tizzy built herself a stage, only big enough for one, mind you, and performed her greatest hits for the seagulls.  They were more interested in breaking into the cooler and getting at the bologna.


 Sam stepped on something in the water and his toe was bleeding.  Gushing.


 So, when Araceli and Ellison finally got back from their nature walk along a designated trail on which they had somehow gotten hopelessly lost, we packed up and went home.
 Meanwhile, in Sevilla!  Scott and I couldn't sleep the night before because Golda and Ruby were catching a flight in the middle of the night our time.  After the trauma of their cancelled flight on the way to Europe, we were just anxious to have them on the plane.  No problems this time.  Phew!
 Sonia and Victor picked them up at the airport in Sevilla and took them to their dazzling airbnb apartment.  I'll have to post a link.  It's like a palace.  At midnight, Ruby texted me, "We're going to our second tapas bar of the night now!"  That's my girl.  I am so happy they are in Spain!  I spent two summers there, soaking it all in.  In my heart, there is a place especially reserved for Spain.  Can't wait to see if my girls fall in love with it too!  Last time they were there, it wasn't for long enough. This time, 2.5 weeks ins't long enough either, but it's a start.






Thank you to Catherine Lavisierre, and her daughter Olympe and Genevieve and Hubert Neyrand-Roux, who took such good care of our girls and showed them around 3 countries.  They are so generous of spirit and so warm hearted.  I want to be just like them in their hospitality.  We love you all!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ari is drop-dead gorgeous!

laurel said...

How fun! I always dreamed of Wonder Bread as a kid too...... Kraft Mac and Cheese was another food item I always wished I would get. Fun memories of childhood. Your kids are having the best memories ever! You are the best mom.