Monday, July 27, 2015

Cheers

 The best thing about summer is the ability to take off and go whenever we want to.  I'm making it sound easy, but it's not.  It takes a lot of effort, determination and desperation not to schedule anything in July, but I try.  Still, there are a lot of obligations.
 You know that Cheers song that says, "Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name."  I never understood that, because I always want to go where nobody knows my name, where I'm free of everyone else's opinions, and free of the obligations that come with having friends, family, a church and a community.  Of course, all those things are good things.  Sometimes I just wanna go where nobody knows my name.
 Park City will have to suffice.  At least none of the bugs on the hike knew my name, or if they did, they weren't saying it.



 Dead deer.  We were trying to hike from the condo to the Jordanelle shoreline.  It's close, but all fenced off.  Our little walk ended up being five miles, but the kids didn't mind.


 These guys know my name, and that's OK by me.


 I know.  I want to, too.

 Bird nests.  I bet everybody in this muddy little community knows every one else's name.  And I bet they all have chirpy little bird opinions on everything.





 Xanthe ran into a party decoration at the park the other day.  Thank heavens her eyes weren't hurt!

 Another hike, up under the Town lift and down Main Street.  That was a fun one.



 Happiest kid!  He's so little and happy.  I love his personality!
 Two good friends.
 Scott claims that I tricked him into going to Jordanelle by telling him that it was fun.  It's rocky.  If you know of a nice, shady beach area at Jordanelle that we didn't find, let me know.  It was fun anyway, according to me.  It's beautiful up there!  Scott sat under a big weed the whole time.  Hey, at least nobody knew our names.  Not the white families huddled under weeds eating sandwiches, and not the Polynesian families relaxing under their canopies, chilling to music, grilling hundreds of pounds of delicious, marinated meats to go with their coolers full of salads that they ate at their tableclothed, ballon-bedecked tables.  Man, though, I wish some of them had known our names!  "Circe, come eat some of this teriyaki chicken and macaroni salad!"  Scott wanted to ask how much admission to their party would be.  Maybe our problem is that we're just not Polynesian enough. Yes, that's definitely one of our problems.  Why couldn't my great-great-great grandfather have stayed in Hawaii? I bet Scott wouldn't complain if the beach was rocky if we were in Hawaii! ;)
 Back to the pool to soak up the summer mountain air.

 Araceli is suddenly so grown up.  She is the best!



 Photo shoot gone bad!  lol.  It is so funny watching Xanthe try to produce her genuine smile.  She can't do it!  Until she's not thinking about it, that is!
 So we had a fun weekend in Park City, just doing our thing, until we had to come back to set up chairs at church at 8 am Sunday morning.  I'm thinking I'll have to add, "Where nobody knows your phone number" to the song.

1 comment:

Jacy said...

I want to go where nobody knows my name with you ... except we'd know each other's names ... so I guess that'd defeat the purpose :)