Thursday, August 13, 2015

New York with the Girls

 Friday, we woke up and made a plan to explore Brighton Beach.  I didn't realize it was so heavily Russian and Easter European.  I mean, I knew there were those influences, but I didn't know we would go into a store where nobody spoke English and we would have to point to what we wanted!  We got some delicious Russian pastries and things with meat and potatoes in them that were like 50 cents each.  New York can definitely be a cheap place to eat!

 Wold you think that Brooklyn, New York had such gorgeous beaches!?


 You never see vats of pickled vegetables in markets in Kaysville.



 Drinking Russian pear juice.  Hoping it pust some hair on his back like this guy below!

 Scott and I have a painting of the Cyclone above our bed.  Cool, huh.  Not cool enough to pay 9 bucks to ride it, though.
 This is Coney Island.  We walked there from Brighton Beach, which is not far at all.  I thought of my cousins, Paul and Rita's kids, when I saw Paul's Daughter. :)



 I love these pictures of Scott and Ruby.  I think they were both so happy to be together again. And also, Ruby was super tired! Dad's shoulder is a good place to take a minute nap.














 Going from Coney Island in Brooklyn to Lower Manhattan to see the 9-11 memorial.



 Golda and Ruby were sleeping babies when 9-11 happened.  3 and 4 years old.  They can't even imagine what that day was like.


 Of course it was restaurant week while we were in New York, and we had late lunch reservations at Spice Market in Chelsea, the best restaurant ever.  Time seems to slow at the Spice Market as flavors intensify and life becomes radiant.  It's like a spell.

 The light is beautiful, too.



 Oh my gosh, it's like the photographer said, "Look ugly."  This cracks me up.

 I can't even try to describe the food, but it's perfect.
 Sarah and Roland booked a sudden trip to New York because, as Sarah sadi, "11th anniversary is steel...I don't need anything...let's go to New York!"  I like the logic.  They came right from the airport to meet us for lunch, and I'm so glad!



 I love this shot of Roland!
 St. Patrick's looks clean, huh.

 We ended the night ten miles above the stage for An American in Paris.  It was a great show.  Two hours of Gershwin would be swonderful even without the dancing and the play.  Even from the stratosphere, it was smarvelous.  OK< I'll stop.  We had to get the girls a Coke at intermission.  Jetlag was hitting them hard!  Happily, for $8 Cokes, they came in cute souvenir mugs.


 Ruby is trying to keep her eyes open!  Ha ha ha!

 No evening at the theater is complete without a slice of pizza.  Oh, this makes me want to go back and get another slice!

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

This brings back so many memories. We bought a shirt that said Jersey Girl on it when we were first married at a little shop by Coney Island. It just took us 8 years to finally get her here to wear it. Your trip looks like so much fun.