Monday, October 3, 2016

Four Pines Retreat

My cousin Sarah was in town for a girls' weekend with her Miami friends, and she invited me up to her new cabin east of Park City.  The plan was that I would pick up Heidi's birthday cake at Windy Ridge and meet them at the cabin after their zip lining adventure at Sundance.  I opted out of that.  I'm not brave, and have no desire to be.  The drive to the cabin, in Tollgate Canyon, was gorgeous.  I saw the best leaves of the season.  I had to keep stopping to admire the beauty.


I got to the cabin first, and after admiring all of Sarah's talent on display, (she designed and executed this whole place), I put up my feet and opened my book.  Can you imagine anything better thatn solitude in this setting?






Heidi Chambarlades, the birthday girl!
Later, the women came home and a nice little party ensued, with fake karaoke (the mic wouldn't work) and good food.  My contribution was taco soup, a poor man's pot in comparison with all the expensive cheeses and whatnot.  Nonetheless, it was gobbled up.  It was good soup weather in the mountains, around a cozy fire.  Thanks so much, Sarah!


No comments: