Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Last Ship

These are our two biggest Sting fans.  These are friends that I love, and don't see often enough.  Gary Broadbent got us all together for the Pionees Theater production of Sting's The Last Ship.  I have vivid memories of Sting's album "Nothing Like the Sun" and these guys.  ne night at the end of our senior year, we listened to it in my bedroom, hanging out, probably talking about whether to drive into Salt Lake and eat at Rio Grande...again.  We spent so much time together, doing nothing.  Late into the night, we were all asleep.  Me, Gary, Justin, Jonathan, B and Scott.  Eventually, my parents got a "Bruce Call" and Scott had to go home.  The rest of us slumbered to the soundtrack of Sting, all through the night.  I woke up to it when the light came in the window.  That is one of my most priceless memories of high school and what friendship was.  It was emotional, all-encompassing and intense.  So going to Sting's musical together was perfect.  But even more perfect, Sting himself chose that same exact night to come and see the production!  We were in the audience with Sting himself.  Synchronicity, yes? 


I love this group and everything it represents, including the friends not in this photo who were there, then, and remember 1989.

No comments: